Purpose of Job
We are looking for an Accessibility Advisor Senior for a hybrid position at our San Antonio Corporate office or regional offices in Tampa, Colorado Springs, Phoenix, Charlotte, Plano or remote work is available for candidates who do not live in a location where USAA has a physical office.
Applies knowledge of accommodating individuals with disabilities in establishing internal standards, policies and procedures as they relate to a particular domain (digital, documents, facilities, MSR service). Provides guidance on standard processes and innovative solutions to meet accessibility standards. Collaborates with partners to identify and prioritize operational risks, develop mitigation strategies and implement process controls. Captures and supervises data to evaluate and demonstrate the efficiency of the accessibility program. Serves as an ambassador and advocates the importance of accessibility and its impact to members and the association. Participates in project planning and execution to ensure accessibility objectives are fulfilled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Facilitates teams or serves as a key contributor in the development and implementation of business initiatives.
- Uses business knowledge (products, processes, etc) and advanced subject matter knowledge to analyze, synthesize and/or interpret large quantities of information complex issues of unusual nature.
- May synthesize and/or interpret large quantities of information to recommend solutions to business issues.
- Develops and communicates recommendation to team and management.
- Maintains an advanced level knowledge of the competitive landscape and applies that knowledge to recognize business improvement opportunities.
- Encourages and applies innovative ways to enhance business strategies.
- Prepares reports, documentation and other written information to deliver key messages and provide insight to management.
- Expertly responds to challenges; promoting a positive or constructive outlook.
- Passionately pursues solutions to achieve business success.
- Serves as a mentor to less expert peers and team members to achieve business results.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business, Computer Science, Computer Human Interaction, Architecture/Engineering Design or related subject area from an accredited college or the equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 or more years operational experience in a digital, document, building/construction, or customer service environment with knowledge of accommodating individuals with disabilities.
- Expert knowledge of Accessibility principles and standards (WCAG, Section 508, etc)
- Hands-on experience with Web, Android, and iOS accessibility best practices
- Experience in establishing processes and test scripts to assess, monitor, and validate digital accessibility compliance.
- Proficient in assistive technologies and knowledge of persons with disabilities and their interactions with products and services
- Understanding of inclusive/universal design or human factors and its principles
- Work closely with other teams (i.e. design, develop, testing/QA , customer contact, third party, etc.) to ensure that training plans/strategies integrate accessibility
- Create training guidelines and learning objectives for the business to integrate into their training strategies and plans
- Ability to partner with product owners, Experience owners, and leadership to increase understanding of accessibility across the Enterprise
- Bring in a depth of technical, operational, and development knowledge that strengthens a culture maturing in its application of accessibility practices in the development lifecycle of USAA products and services
- Equip business partners with the accessibility knowledge they need to ensure successful design, development, delivery, and maintenance of accessible digital products
- Build educational materials, workshops, office hours, etc. to consult and mentor business partners responsible for FLOD training operations so that they can use that information in building out their training plans and content
- Ability to customize industry guidelines to meet USAA's standards and governance
- Certified IAAP Web Accessibility Specialist
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200 - $158,900
( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation
assistance is not available
for this position.