At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T): Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! BRT_MSA
Within BR&T, Boeing's Solid State Electronics Development organization (SSED) performs microelectronics technology development and design for aerospace systems. We develop digital, analog, and RF Systems on Chip (SoCs) for radar, navigation, electronic warfare, communications, processing, and other electronic systems. These systems are used on Boeing airborne, terrestrial, and satellite platforms. Designs are implemented with state of the art semiconductor process technologies including CMOS, GaAs, GaN, and SiGe. SSED uses external wafer fabrication but performs design (architecture, RTL, synthesis, circuits, physical design, verification, packaging and test) in house. SSED has numerous microelectronics projects, funded both by internal Boeing customers and external Government Science and Technology (S&T) customers. SSED's large staff of microelectronics engineers conduct research and designs microelectronics hardware in support of these projects.
We are seeking a Analog Mixed Signal Design Engineer (Level 3)
with experience developing complex, high-performance ASICs, FPGAs, and SoCs (e.g. custom multicore processors, digital signal processors) for military/aerospace or other safety-critical systems.
This position will be based out of Tukwila, Washington
. Position Responsibilities:
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required. Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Design of Mixed Signal ICs
- Design ADC/DAC, PLLs
- High Speed SERDES Design
- Design of power management blocks such as Bandgap, LDOs
- Layout Experience
- Lead and mentor Junior Engineers
- Documentation development.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in the design/development of integrated circuits
- Must have designed taped out at least one of the Mixed Signal blocks
- Proven ability to drive requirements and implanting it in circuit and system
- Proficient in using CAD Tools such as Cadence Virtuoso
- Greater than the minimum level of design experience in analog, digital, mixed signal, RF, or SoC domains or experience designing and/or testing chips in more than one domain.
- Experience with industry standard Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and methodologies for Analog Mixed Signal Design.Tetramax, Formality; Cadence tools
- Experience working on large-scale SoC design teams.
- Experience developing Mixed Signal Circuit and System in state-of-the-art semiconductor fabrication processes (e.g. 7/10/12/14/16nm FinFET CMOS, 22nm FDSOI CMOS, BiCMOS)
- Experience developing digital or analog/mixed-signal ICs for extreme environment applications (e.g. radiation-hardened, extreme low/high temperatures, ultra-long lifetime)
- Experience with development of digital or analog/mixed-signal circuits for hardware security applications
- Experience supporting military radar, communications, electronic warfare, or avionics/mission processor programs
- Experience organizing and leading teams, including military experience as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer
- Demonstrated track record as a high performance team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Active security clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies . Shift:
This position is for first shift Union:
This is a union represented position Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.