Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer Senior for our Phoenix, AZ; Plano, TX; San Antonio, TX or Charlotte, NC facilities. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
This position is aligned to a team in Arizona time zone, candidates must have the ability to work a schedule that supports this time zone.
We are hiring multiple roles of this job profile, we are seeking talented Software Engineers for our Engineering department within the Enterprise Data & Analytics Office (EDAO). EDAO's vision is to provide services to manage USAA enterprise information as an asset to secure the trust of our members, regulators, and stakeholders while creating value for our business partners and members.
Candidates selected for this position will have an opportunity to work on projects supporting EDAO initiatives, leveraging many different technologies, including but not limited to; Modernization of Member Data / Infrastructure platforms, supporting critical services leveraged across enterprise. The candidate will join high performing Agile teams, providing products and services that have an opportunity to significantly impact organizational growth and effectiveness through delivering best in class technology solutions.
Software Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, implementing software and responding to outages. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored, and controlled.
Job Requirements About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing. Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test significant technical solutions collaborating with senior and lead engineers.
- Lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning at a team level.
- Organize work and lead team to deliver features and solutions.
- Independently resolves complex production issues and leads troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple applications and systems.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
- May begin working with architecture to help influence directions for key technologies within a specific domain.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study, OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s).
- Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. Preferred experience:
- 3+ years' experience in developing REST APIs
- 1+ years' experience with Event Driven Architecture
- Experience with the JAX-RS and/or Spring Boot Framework or Python
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- Experience with the RTC, WebSphere, CI/CD Pipeline(GitLab, Gradle, Docker, OpenShift/Kubernetes)and Kafka.
- Experience working with JDBC or ORM frameworks and Relational Databases.
- Experience working with NoSQL, DBMS(i.e Cassendra , Couchbase)
- Experience with software design patterns (includes producing and reviewing designs) and test driven development.
- Experience with Batch Scheduler (Ctrl+M, etc)
- Exposure with cloud-based platforms (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Compensation:
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $106,800 - $192,300
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation
assistance is Not Available
for this position.