At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS), Boeing Space and Launch Experimental Systems Group (ESG) is seeking an Associate Linux System Administrator (Level 2) to join the team in Seal Beach, CA. Our Space and Launch Team creates the next generation products and services for the BDS business unit. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Our team focuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments. Position Overview:
The Associate Linux System Administrator will be a part of a high-performing team that are immersed in high intensity development projects. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to join a collaborative team managing secure, world-class network and computing services to support a proprietary customer. You will be an integral part of the program and have the opportunity to work with multiple engineering and support groups on both on-going production efforts and exciting development projects for a highly valued and dynamic program. As a member of our diverse and highly-adaptive team, you will work closely with other cross-functional engineering teams who are passionate about providing top-quality secure network and computing services to a variety of developers, suppliers, and external sites across the United States of America. The position will also include training, certification, and periodic console support. Primary Responsibilities:
- Support Computing projects that provide dedicated program infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure infrastructure solutions meeting program requirements and schedule.
- Support the design, install, configure, test, troubleshoot and provide maintenance of infrastructure hardware, software and components.
- Provide creative problem solving, critical thinking, and advanced troubleshooting skills across a broad domain of secure network and computing systems.
- Develop solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Manage and maintain availability of network, storage, computing, and software of multiple infrastructure systems and terrestrial communications devices.
- Implement strict operational security requirements/directives (e.g. Risk Management Framework) while maintaining production environments.
- Collaborate effectively within a small team environment, ability to work tasks independently, and interact with inter-organizational personnel.
- Develop and update documentation for processes, technical guides, and baseline configuration.
- OS Environments: Linux (RHEL), Windows, VMware ESXi.
- Address and develop solutions for computing security requirements (e.g., Risk Management Framework (RMF)) by performing hardening and patching vulnerabilities.
- Support management of end of service life status on all network, server, storage hardware and software and developing recapitalization/mitigation plans.
- Console work as responsible engineer for facility network.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret/Sensitive Compartment Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active). Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with installing, hardening, monitoring, and maintaining computing security solutions.
- Experience with infrastructure implementation and troubleshooting.
- Experience integrating hardware and software components into a functional system.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science degree
- Experience with Security+ or other DOD 8570.01 IAT certification.
- Experience with RHCE, RHSA or other Red Hat Certification.
- Experience with MCSA, MCSE or other Microsoft Certification.
- Experience with VCP, VCAP, or other VMWare Certification.
- Experience with NCDA, NCSA or other NetApp Certification.
- Experience with DISA STIGS and CIS Benchmarks.
- Experience with Rapid7 Nexpose and Nessus.
- Experience with SAFe.
- Experience with DevSecOps.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation :
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Referral 3ERP Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.