bp pulse has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving. We work with the world s leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK s biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities. We are the UK s only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability.
The EV charging market is developing fast as the electrification of personal transport and fleets gathers pace.
Your purpose will be to obtain new clients and develop business with existing clients to increase sales revenue through grant funded opportunities for local authorities to expand public charge point networks.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Achieving sales targets.
- Identify and secure new business opportunities across the public sector and seek opportunities for growth.
- Maintain existing client relationships to grow their portfolio of charging facilities further.
- Delivering customer presentations - remote and in person - and be able to clearly outline the benefits and advantages of bp pulse offering.
- Be able to manage your own pipeline and forecast incoming opportunities.
- Writing customer proposals outlining cost for a specific site.
- Leverage benefits from CRM systems - Salesforce.
- Leverage benefits from sales tools such as LinkedIn.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with customer expectations.
- Where required, support the Head of Bids with tender submissions.
- Working closely with our legal team to define and negotiate contracts.
- Ensure HSE risks of installations have been considered and mitigated appropriately
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth against target.
- experience within public sector, and tendering.
- Ability to quickly take on board and communicate technical information.
- Proven track record of quickly picking up CRM systems (such as Salesforce) - for pipeline management and forecasting.
- Good understanding of business models for the public sector and a strong commercial capability.
- Experience in reviewing contracts and identifying risks.
- Expertise in client facing and relationship building with customer decision makers and senior internal stakeholders and in generating win/win situation.
- High degree of flexibility to adapt to what is a fast-changing environment and therefore to manage a degree of ambiguity.
- Highly ambitious and target focussed with a drive to succeed.
- Strong teamworking capability and ability to motivate and energise fellow colleagues.
- Significant bias for action and strong communication skills are essential.
- This is a hybrid role, however attendance to our Shoreham-By-Sea team base will be required during initial training and ongoing team meetings
- Site visit for technical appraisal will be required. Full training will be provided.
- Attendance to our UK Head office in Milton Keynes will be required from time to time.
- Competitive salary and generous commission/bonus structure of potential earnings of up to 50% of your base salary
- 25 days holiday plus 2 additional Wellbeing days
- Pension scheme
- Further company-wide benefits including Employee referral programme, EV associated benefits and Health & Wellbeing programmes