For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done - and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double it's revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.JOB SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Fabrication Group Leader and/or Team Leader, the CNC Lathe/Mill Operator's primary function is to program, operate and maintain all work cell machinery in a safe and efficient manner to achieve the quality and productivity goals of the company.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at .ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESTo perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Must be able to properly setup and accurately use standard outside micrometers, dial calipers, dial bore gauges, dial indicators and measuring tape. Proper calibration techniques for all measuring instruments will be evaluated during this testing process. Must show ability to read and understand blue prints.
Machine Specific Requirements: Lathe
- Applicant must have basic knowledge of how to setup CNC or manual machines.
- Need to able to properly select jaws for job specific applications. Properly identify tooling that would need to be used for job specific applications. And identify the order in which these tools would be used during the setup process. Mill
- Need to be able to provide knowledge of, industry standard tooling used during normal milling processes (clamping devices, tool holders, parallels, and hand tools). Basic functions and operations of machining center that applicant will be required to operate (tooling touch off, controls and offsets).Programming skills required are:
Need to be able to apply basic G code programming to achieve proper surface finishes and tool wear. Skills include, ability to make minor adjustments to spindle speed and feed ratePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected.
- Long periods of standing and walking can also be expected in this position.
- Use of basic tools and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Work environment:
- Occasional exposure to typical manufacturing areas may be required and will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection, paint .
- The work environment will include their own workstation or cubicle space equipped with a telephone, headset and computer as required for the job.
- Team member must be mobile enough to navigate the manufacturing shop floor safely including walking and standing for up to four hours at a time.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in manual or CNC machining, programming and troubleshooting
- Must have demonstrated experience in machining and operating hand tools. Good shop mathematics. Previous experience programming and running production on CNC and/or Robotic Welding equipment. Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Attention to detail required.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow/provide direction and work in a team environment.
- Problem Solving Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven