ONEUNITED FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Position Description Job Title:
Consumer Loan Manager Immediate Supervisor:
Loan Officers and Loan Assistants Key Contacts:
Members, Vice President of Lending, Loan Officers, Loan Assistants. Purpose:
To provide the highest quality of service in lending to members while exercising direct oversight of the consumer lending function. General Responsibilities:
Cross-sell additional products and services to members.
D irect and coordinate consumer lending activities ensuring compliance with federal regulations as well as credit union lending policy. Assist in development of lending policy and manage lending activity to meet credit union goals and objectives. Manage personnel, processes and products. Serve on Management Team. Description of Duties:
- Train existing and newly hired lending staff as assigned
- Conduct training sessions as assigned
- Facilitate Quality Service Group meetings as assigned and assist in determining topics
2. Business Development
- Cross-sell additional products and services to members
- Make calls on auto dealers and others
- Recommend and assist V.P. of Lending in developing loan promotions
3. General Administration
- Serve as a member of the Loan Committee
- Recommend lending goals and objectives
- Monitor lending goal activity and assist with monthly goal reports
- Implement assigned strategic planning initiatives
4. Personnel, Policy and Procedure
a. Direct general workflow and resolve issues
b. Prepare work schedules and resolve human resource issues
c. Conduct performance evaluations
d. Recommend changes to lending policy and procedures
e. Assume Saturday duties as scheduled
5. Product Oversight and Development
a. Oversee and ensure proper loan origination software operation
b. Recommend product enhancements and new products
c. Recommend profit opportunities, effective pricing and expense control measures
6. Loan Origination
- Provide financial counseling
- Conduct loan interviews and/or assist member with the loan application
- Oversee the processing of consumer loans
- Direct the resolution of document deficiencies
- Present loans to Loan Committee as required
- Review delinquency reports weekly
- Assist with the collection of delinquent accounts
a. Develop a complete understanding of consumer loan compliance
b. Monitor regulatory changes and recommend necessary action
c. Assist in educating staff on applicable rules and regulations. Performance Measurements
1. Leadership: The ability to effectively lead others in achieving stated duties and assignments. The degree to which the manager demonstrates a positive example in leading staff toward achievement of department objectives and goals.
2. Loan/Credit Performance: The degree of effectiveness demonstrated in making loans and/or managing a loan portfolio.
3. Employee Management: The degree to which the supervisor creates a positive management environment. The ability to motivate employees, preserve high morale, and supervise with fairness and consistency.
4. Decision Making/Judgment: The ability to make prudent decisions that are timely, well researched, and reflect awareness of impact.
5. Communication: The ability to effectively converse and listen to others concerning credit union matters and member consultation. The use of proper written and grammatical skills, and the meaningful application of electronic communication.
6. Business Development: The degree to which results are demonstrated in developing new business, generating leads, expanding the client base, and developing revenue opportunities.
7. Innovation: The ability to adapt to fast-changing environments. Willingness to take risks and to consider new approaches to improve the organization's competitive position.
8. Loan Growth: The level of loan growth achieved as compared against a pre-determined goal. Qualifications
Education/Certification: Bachelor s degree in finance or a related field, or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
Required Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of Credit Union loan products and applicable policies and standards. Understanding of government regulations and legal requirements involving lending, collections, and related activities.
Experience Required: Five to ten years of progressive lending experience in a credit union or bank, or similar financial institution.
Skills/ Abilities: Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal skills. Good organizational, managerial, and problem-solving abilities, with a high level of analytical skills. Able to work knowledgeably with computer applications. Intent and Function of Position Descriptions
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.