By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!Job Description: Are you seeking part-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Courier for the American Red Cross!
Couriers provide for the delivery and return of blood products and materials to internal and external customers. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Courier - Responsibilities
- Operate vehicle for the delivery of blood products and materials. Operate vehicle safely and within traffic laws. May require driving in inclement weather conditions.
- Prepare for deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers.
- Document temporary storage and transportation of blood, blood products and materials as required by internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Perform routine checks of product storage temperatures and maintenance of temperature controlled units at off-site storage locations.
- Provide customer service by giving basic information and interacting in a positive proactive manner with hospital employees.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Courier describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- No minimum work experience required.
- Previous experience with a messenger service or trucking company desired.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record.
- Legible penmanship and ability to read and write at high school level is required.
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Ability to sit for long periods of time while driving routes. May load or unload trucks and lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. Must be able to drive throughout the region. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights