At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a mid-level Data Engineer to join the Systems Product Development team in Seattle, WA, performing investigation, research, development, and testing of next generation automation and autonomous systems technologies. The team takes on new engineering challenges to serve the objectives of enhancing safety, improving the pilot experience, and increasing operational efficiency, for current and future Boeing airplane products, from small eVTOLs to large commercial transports. The team employs a continuous integration and deployment approach, through automated data pipelines, to enable fast-paced iterations of model training and evaluation, algorithm development, and testing on a flying testbed. A successful candidate for this position will be someone who holds a strong software and data engineering background, has experience architecting and building robust and scalable data pipelines, and is passionate about enabling data driven technology development to advance the aviation industry. Position Responsibilities:
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Architect, design, and implement data pipelines and ETL processes supporting data egress from test vehicles, ingress to warehouses, and automated wrangling, curation, and validation.
- Architect, design, and implement data pipelines supporting ML model training and CV algorithm development.
- Interact with stakeholder and apply disciplined requirements gathering and design documentation.
- Design and develop unit tests, integration tests, and evaluation frameworks for pipeline components.
- Recommend code refactoring and data best practices where applicable.
- Participate in technology and code review.
- Participate in planning and/or execution of flight test missions.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of data engineering experience.
- 5+ years of database experience with SQL.
- 3+ years of Linux operating systems experience.
- Experience in Python and/or C++.
- Experience with Bash scripting.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of distributed data systems and data processing.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with Agile methodology and standard tools such as JIRA and Gitlab.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Experience with data science and data visualization.
- Experience with cloud data frameworks such as Redshift, BigQuery, AirFlow, Apache Kafka, or SageMaker, on major cloud provider platforms.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with hardware and software integration.
- Experience with any of the common libraries such as numpy, pandas, matplotlib, OpenCV, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
- Knowledge of linear algebra and statistics.
- Knowledge of machine learning, computer vision, and sensor data fusion.
- Knowledge of full stack development and frameworks such as HTML/JS/CSS, Angular, React, Express, Node.js, Flask/Django, and REST API.
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift:
This position is for 1st shift Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.