Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a private, family owned, worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed XMT® technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies, PTMScan®, a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, and PhosphoSitePlus®, an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications. We are passionate about our role in contributing to the life science industry's advancing of the human condition through accelerating the discovery and development of innovative therapies for human disease. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine.Position Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist to join our Cell Biology Antibody Development Group and help drive our mission: to deliver the world's highest quality research products and to accelerate biological understanding. The candidate will develop antibodies and innovative research tools in the field of cell biology, with a strong emphasis on cellular mechanisms associated with disease. The Development Scientist plays a central role in CST product development, overseeing and orchestrating projects from product conception through commercialization. Thus, the ideal candidate will be a proven and exceptional leader combining scientific and project management expertise. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate the requirements of projects to various teams within the organization to ensure productive use of resources. This is a hybrid position which will require occasional on-site presence at our Danvers, Massachusetts location. Responsibilities
- Build a balanced and commercially robust antibody product development pipeline comprised of cell biology research targets of scientific importance and commercial value.
- Manage project and pipeline risk factors to ensure a steady flow of materials through the development / commercialization pipeline.
- Identify and understand the significance of new technologies and workflow solutions for cell biology research.
- Actively develop scientific and business market expertise using a variety of resources, including literature searches and engagement with external experts, to enable informed assessment of new reagent and workflow product opportunities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing a robust antibody product development pipeline.
- Design experiments and independently analyze and interpret experimental data to enable rigorous target-specific reagent development, using appropriate validation model systems, experimental controls, and reference materials.
- Communicate & collaborate effectively with others including Antibody Development Core Teams, Production, Marketing and Sales.
- Proactively identify and champion opportunities that will improve internal workflows, while maintaining rigorous validation standards.
- Develop proficiency with internal IT workflow systems to enable accurate and complete work requests and electronic laboratory documentation and adhere to standard operating procedures in lab operations and safety in accordance with Quality Management Systems.
- Represent CST as an industry leader in specific growth areas of cell biology research, through attendance at scientific meetings and by establishing purposeful relationships and collaborations with academic and industry professionals to better understand market needs and showcase CST capabilities.
What we offer....
- Ph.D. in cell biology or a related biological science; postdoctoral experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of laboratory bench work experience
- In-depth knowledge of signaling networks, disease models and biomarkers related to cancer and other diseases
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive, mutually beneficial scientific collaborations
- Experience working with antibodies (e.g., IHC, Flow, western blotting, ELISA, IF, ChIP, immunoprecipitation techniques)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines successfully
- Ability to work effectively with a team to drive projects to successful completion
- Experience with therapeutic / drug discovery workflows is a plus
At Cell Signaling Technology (CST) we recognize that people will always be our most important asset. Providing a safe, inclusive, and stimulating working environment that understands the importance of diversity, human dignity and meaningful work is as important as establishing company policies that incorporate excellent health insurance and pay benefits. We recognize that development of people is the key to their happiness and thus ensure every employee has impactful discussions with their manager and develops actionable performance and professional development plans. Lastly, we are committed to engaging and supporting our employees in committees and philanthropy that benefit their local communities and environment through community investment programs.Benefits
- Medical (BCBS) and Dental (Delta Dental) plans paid at 90%
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending accounts
- 401(k) Plan with 6% match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Subsidized Cafeteria
- Free Parking
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, our communities, partners and customers. In order to promote that safety and well-being, we require that all US-based employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated, or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief, may make a request for exemption. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company.
Cell Signaling Technology (CST ) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws. AGENCIES
All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Cell Signaling Technology (CST ) via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of CST , unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by CST for this position and a valid agreement with CST is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the CST agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.