Job Description:The Role and the Company Lehigh Hanson is North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world's largest building materials companies. The Driver Training Manager role is based in Pavilion, NY and reports directly to the Sr. Area Operations Manager. Here's what you'll get to do
- Informs, educates, facilitates, and ensures that Company drivers carry out their duties in the most safe and efficient manner possible.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements as required ensuring the safety of all vehicles and staff including but not limited to the State and Federal governments, equipment, and driver / operator licensing, etc. in the Northeast Region.
- Recruitment, onboarding and training of Company and leased drivers ensuring all company policies have been met prior to hauling for the Company.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Participates and/or conducts meetings with internal and external customers with respect to issues that may arise in delivery of materials produced by the Company.
- Manage fleet monitoring software and report on driver performance.
- Set up/ conduct periodic driver training sessions
- Participate in Northeast Region safety auditing
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred or more than three (3) years of experience supervising DOT drivers
- Previous related experience in trucking in an aggregate or concrete delivery field is preferred.
- Safely operate various types of equipment related to work requirements.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Experience in Ready Mix Concrete
What we have to offer
- Role operates primarily a professional office environment, but requires conducting business at manufacturing locations and job sites where the conditions include moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, and elevated noise levels
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.