Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's Georgetown Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Emergency Department RN to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's Georgetown Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
At St. David's Georgetown Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Emergency Department RN opportunity.
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs.
* You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a regular basis
* You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection related to medical and traumatic emergencies
* You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
* You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
* You will properly verify, document, and administer medication
* You will provide health care teaching to patients and families along with appropriate documentation
* You will evaluate the patient's progression towards attainment of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) OR Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENCP) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is a comprehensive healthcare facility located north of Austin, Texas. This medical center features more than 100 patient beds and is known for its Level IV trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and Certified Chest Pain Center. The hospital's range of services include 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, maternity and newborn care, rehabilitation, and more .
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local nonprofits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Emergency Department RN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.