Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Powerhouse / Energy Center Operator
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Casa Grande, Arizona, is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 480 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks (1st yr prorated) + vacation buy program
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Please note: This is a night shift position from 6:00 pm to 6:30 am and allows you to have every other weekend off. Hours and days are below AFTER you are fully trained. Training will be during day shift hours from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm for 4-12 months from your start date.
Week 1 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
Week 2 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun - OFF (weekend off)
Week 3 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A POWERHOUSE / ENERGY CENTER OPERATOR
You will operate and maintain all related mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment associated with the efficient operation of a plant running HVAC, Compressed Air, Electricity, Steam Boilers, Ammonia Refrigeration, Water Analysis, RO Water Systems, and Waste Water Treatment. On a daily basis you will:
- Performs preventative, technical and general maintenance work on equipment and systems, troubleshoots, services and repairs the mechanical equipment housed in the Energy Center.
- Performs corrective & preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Read gauges, utilize electronic testing equipment and instruments, make log entries of technical data into the Energy Management computer in order to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maintain records of operation conditions and actions taken.
- Assist Energy Center staff with complex and major repairs/modifications. Respond to Manufacturing Site needs during normal duty hours and in emergency situations.
- Provide input to help develop and implement long range obsolesce plans for utility and facility improvements.
- Contribute to Team Effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- High School Diploma/GED required and successful completion of Abbott's skill test required.
- Two years related experience working in an industrial utilities systems or industrial electrical/mechanical systems.
- Experience is defined as operating powerhouse type equipment such as boilers, refrigeration, air compressors, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic control systems in a similar environment or performing tasks similar to or the same as those required in this position.
- Must be able to diagnose and repair Energy Center problems quickly without jeopardizing product integrity or product water quality.
- Experience with Energy Center related equipment such as HVAC, Compressed Air, Electricity, Instrumentation, Steam boilers, Ammonia Refrigeration, Water Analysis, and RO water systems.
- Technical Degree/Certificate Preferred and Utility Certification
- Small project (less than $50,000) execution
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.