At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Experienced Product Security Engineers
to join our team.
The successful candidates will work with analysts to develop airplane level security assessments. The ideal candidates will have knowledge of cyber security concepts and techniques including network architecture, embedded systems security, cyber physical systems and PKI infrastructure.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.Position Responsibilities:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Work on Advanced Security Features development of new concepts and technology that apply to commercial aviation products (including machine learning, deep learning & artificial intelligence).
- Assess risks, threats and vulnerabilities of the product assets and production systems in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop security requirements and coordinate with different systems stakeholders.
Perform requirements verification on system security engineering products using inspection, analysis, demonstration, and test methods.
- Coordinate with security testers to validate coverage and impacts to analysis.
Support airplane certification through coordination with FAA and Engineering Unit Members
- Provide technical data and develop documentation in accordance with requirements and system security engineering processes and procedures for internal reference and external delivery.
- Develops, implements, and sustains product security and resiliency throughout the requirements, design, build, test, production, operations, and support lifecycle.
- Develops and enhances system requirements and architectures for product security to meet all applicable certification and customer requirements.
- Ensures security of facilities, equipment, tools, data, networks, and resources used for product: design, development, build, test, storage, delivery, operations, and support.
- Defines and identifies product security requirements for suppliers of components and subsystems for integration into Boeing products and services.
- Coordinates with governments, customers, suppliers, and industry to identify risks and improve industry and regulatory security standards and requirements for programs and interfacing systems.
- Conducts research and development activities resulting in innovative solutions.
- Advises customers on maintaining product security and certification, including security consequences of modifying products and services.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, cybersecurity or computer science
- 5+ years' Experience of coursework related to cyber security concepts and techniques
Typical Education/ Experience:
- Experience and/or coursework in cybersecurity, security network architecture, embedded systems security, security testing and evaluation, network design, and PKI infrastructure
- Experience or coursework in cybersecurity, security network architecture, embedded systems security, security testing and evaluation, network design, and PKI infrastructure.
- Experience with research and development of cybersecurity system requirements and cybersecurity system requirements standards
- Experience assessing and documenting test or analysis data to show cybersecurity compliance
- Experience in systems engineering, systems integration, software engineering, electrical engineering, certification, network security and/or cybersecurity
- Possess any of these certifications:CISSP, Security+, CEH, CCNA, UNIX/LINUX System Administration, GIAC GPEN or GWAPT
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Employee Referral Program:
This job is eligible for the Employee Referral Program Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Union:
This role is union represented. Shift:
This position is for 1st shift Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.