- Provide professional and courteous service to all customers of Ogden Clinic. Customers include all Ogden Clinic patients, affiliates, providers, administration, employees, co-workers, insurance company representatives, and all other vendor representatives.
- Meet behavioral expectations and support the dignity of all persons. Also, responsible for the stewardship of resources.
- Ensure applicable regulatory requirements are complied with and follow guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Study, understand, and adhere to all Clinic Policies and Procedures and OSHA guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in specific area of practice.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patient conditions.
- Monitor patient conditions and progress, and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other healthcare providers.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in the Clinic and the community for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
- Train residents, medical students, and other healthcare professionals.
- Remain up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge in specific practice.
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Interpret medical reports and records then communicate information to patients at an appropriate level of medical technicality.
- Participate in health promotion, disease prevention, health maintenance, counseling, patient education, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide patient advocacy in the healthcare system to accomplish cost-effective care by coordination of healthcare service.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age-specific care in the treatment, assessment, and education of adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Promote good health and prevent illness in specified area of practice.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Develop healthcare team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records and employee/co-worker information.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduate of an accredited MD/DO program and current license to practice in Utah.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, medical history notes, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence as well as speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide simple equations.
- Reasoning skills: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Also able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Computer knowledge with experience in basic word processing and spreadsheet programs required.
- General office equipment and procedure knowledge helpful.
- Must maintain a positive can-do attitude.
- Must effectively participate as a team member with the department and its practices.
- Must protect confidential information, records, and/or reports.
- Must communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Requires frequent talking, hearing, standing, sitting, and walking.
- Requires frequent use of hand and/or fingers.
- Requires occasional kneeling, stooping, crouching, and crawling.
- Requires ability to lift and transport patients.
- Visual requirements include ability to adjust focus.
- Must possess all physical abilities necessary to perform the job.
- Noise level is moderate with constant conversations, computers, printers, telephones, etc.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.