HBF, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Frame Builder 2 to join our team in Hickory, NC!
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Retrieve stock needed to build piece.
- Read tickets prior to building frames to verify options.
- Set up clamp (if applicable) on first piece in a batch and check set-up for squareness.
- Final assemble piece using hammer and/or proper amount of glue, applied neatly.
- If required, clamp final assembly.
- On some styles, build arm assemblies in clamp due to difficulty of sub-assembling.
- On some styles, apply glue to chair frames in preparation for upholstering and uniformly shape and glue poly to chair frame with spray gun
- May use staples, screws, and joint reinforcement blocks as required by company specifications. Make sure joints are closed tightly, individually checked for squareness.
- Properly clean off glue squeeze out.
- Apply tickets to piece.
- Set aside completed sofas or loveseats on end. Set aside chairs to go to leveling area.
- Properly store tools and supplies at end of shift.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Wears all required all PPE; work safely at all times and reports all unsafe practices to Supervisor.
What it takes:
- Ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity performance standards
- Must comply with company rules, regulations, and safety practices
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
- Fast paced work environment driven by standard production goals based on customer demand.
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!