We are currently hiring: Help Desk Technician II, Full-time
Join a team with One Heart, One Hope, One Mission!
Are you looking for a unique opportunity with a mission-based, faith-based senior care organization that values respect and compassion? Then join the Sisters of Notre Dame family!
At Sisters of Notre Dame, we recognize it takes compassionate, dedicated leadership to continue our mission. The team members we hire are trustworthy, dependable, and committed to enriching the lives of our SND community. We offer our employees a rewarding environment, as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our facility is located in the beautiful rolling hills of Chardon, OH., off of Auburn Rd.
Here are a few additional perks you can receive by joining our team:
- Friendly coworkers with an emphasis on teamwork and equality
- A supportive management team
- Competitive pay with shift premiums
- Paid Holidays and Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Excellent Benefits
- Referral Bonuses
If you want to join a team that appreciates you and your hard work, look no further than Sisters of Notre Dame!
What does a Help Desk Technician do at SND?
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures, and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, file servers, network cabling and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Maintains site licenses for department/organization.
- Plans and implements network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent applicable work experience (required).
- 1-2 years of help desk experience
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.