At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us. The Boeing Company
is looking for Expert Industrial Engineers
to support Boeing Commercial Airplane's Product Development
department in Everett, Washington
We are defining and designing the future of the airplane and production system. We are looking for industrial engineers to serve as the technical lead, integrator, and product owners to design the future airplane and production system and define the processes and architecture for future product development programs.
Join us and you will have the unique opportunity to design, stabilize, improve, and transform production systems and processes to achieve world class operational excellence for some of the world's most sophisticated aircraft and systems. Come build your career with Boeing! Position Responsibilities:
- Oversees the development of plant and equipment layouts, capacity plans, accident prevention measures, sequencing of operations and work flows.
- Leads the team to evaluate new techniques and technological developments for integration into the production process and service operations.
- Designs, maintains, and optimizes the production system by integrating design, supply base, facilities, equipment, and personnel. Conducts work flow design and analysis.
- Directs the architecture and requirements of the future production system to enable proactive, preventative, precise airplane build.
- Oversees the development of models, databases and spreadsheets to analyze data and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to leaders and customers.
- Leads the preparation of operations plans, includes work statement analysis, budgeting and forecasts, capacity and constraint analysis and production change, to ensure technical goals and objectives are met.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. VISA/Export:
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 8+ years of experience practical experience of Industrial Engineering in a manufacturing environment across multiple programs/platforms
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics
- 5+ year of experience leading projects
Typical Education & Experience:
- Experience working in a cross-functional team
- Experience with process modeling
- Experience with systems engineering
- Experience with agile product management
Bachelor's degree typically 14 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Union Representation Statement:
This is a union-represented position. Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift. Safety Sensitive Statement:
This is a non-safety sensitive position. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.