At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer
for Colorado Springs, CO.
This position is part of the Boeing Defense Systems Engineering National Programs. The successful candidates will be responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify life-cycle balanced information system security solutions. Position Responsibilities:
This position is expected to be onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location. Work Authorization: This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active) Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Working Knowledge of DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Ability to design security controls and countermeasures to satisfy compliance standards
- Ability to conduct security control testing on systems
- Knowledge of Software Security code scanning tools (SAST/DAST)
- Threat Modeling Knowledge, program requires ability to decipher and prioritize threats to the operational product.
- Coordinates with system administrators, network and software engineers, test and validation engineers and program management on security related activities and requirements. Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the product assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
- Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
- Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Travel (25%) will be required for meetings with customers, internal meetings, etc.
- Works under minimal direction.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or other cyber related degree; ten (10) or more years of directly related experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification.
- 5+ years of experience with Information Systems Security is required.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Experience working in DevSecOps environment
- CI/CD pipeline security expertise: Kubernetes Security, vCloud, Docker
- Penetration testing or vulnerability management experience, with ability to prioritize vulnerabilities for remediation across multiple different project teams from both network, cloud, and software vulnerability sources
- Recent DoD/USSF cybersecurity expertise, specifically processes for obtaining an ATO
- Software Security Experience (Code quality scanning tools, static & dynamic code analysis tools)
- Hands-on Experience with: ACAS (or Nessus/Tenable.sc), STIG Viewer (SCC), CIS Control Implementation/checks
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Eligible for 3ERP
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range: Min: $101,430 - Max: $188,370 Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.