Careers for those
the fast lane
YOUR FRONT-ROW SEAT
FOR REVOLUTIONARY ELECTROMOBILITY We are Valmet Automotive: Since 1968, we have stood for integrated automotive engineering on behalf of world-renowned OEMs. Today, around 5,000 employees in Finland, Germany and Poland shape our success as a complete vehicle manufacturer in the automotive sector, and as a system supplier for battery systems as well as kinematic and convertible top systems. Our entire strategy, and especially our EV Systems branch, focuses on tomorrow s mobility. We develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V to high voltage for vehicles and off-highway applications.
As part of our team, you'll not only ignite the turbo boost for your professional development - you'll be at the forefront of the electromobility revolution. Our work culture? Straightforward and honest. Arrogance is not our thing. We let our actions speak for themselves, are courageous, constantly learn new things - and respect each other. Because respect is at the heart of our team spirit. We take our tasks and you seriously. So, hit the start button and enrich us as a
Lead Engineer (f/m/x) Battery Thermal Management for Automotive Battery Systems
in Finland: Uusikaupunki, Turku, Salo; or in Germany: Bad Friedrichshall, Munich Your job site and team
No matter whether you join us in Finland or Germany - at every Valmet location you can be sure of state-of-the-art working environments, motivated colleagues and of consideration for your wishes.
As a member of our Battery Mechanics Department, you ll develop the battery systems of the future. You can look forward to a steep learning curve, a state-of-the-art test environment and fascinating projects.
Here s where you ll make an impact
- You ll develop the design concept of the battery thermal architecture & components (cooling structure, cooling pipes & distributor, connectors, thermal interface materials, etc), therefore, you consider manufacturability and assembly in alignment with manufacturing engineering and mechanical system.
- Further you track the progress of the design work, identify risks and develop mitigation strategies. In addition, you ll create and review quality technical documentation.
- During the development process you ll ensure the requirement conform mechanical cooling system design (cooling performance, tightness, industrialization, tolerances, producibility, etc ).
- To achieve this, you ll have the backing of the thermal team, which you ll lead in regards to quality, timing, tasks & results. Furthermore, you will also cooperate with other design teams located in Finland and Germany.
- Given your excellent communication skills, you ll work closely with sub-suppliers and interfacing disciplines within our company (Simulation, Testing, Sourcing, etc.) and you will present and report project results to customer, to Mechanical lead and Project Management, you are also capable of work package planning, resource planning and project scheduling as well as able to take responsibility.
This is your basic equipment
- Completed studies in aerospace Engineering, mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electronics, Physics or similar electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or similar
- Several years of experience in design and development of thermal management components
- Experienced in Thermal Engineering in the Automotive industry or similar industry, as well as in-depth knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
- In-depth knowledge of Catia V5 or similar software
- Your English: Off the charts! Your Finnish or German: An asset! Other strong points of yours: team spirit, the joy of discovering new things, and your personal success formula "change = chance".
Our special extras
- Well-structured onboarding
- Great development opportunities with clear career paths, target agreements and regular feedback
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices that is expanding rapidly
- An organization committed to an entrepreneurial spirit with room for individual contribution
- Friendly colleagues who want to set things in motion
- Attractive, performance-related bonuses
- Possibility of remote, flexible working (if your position allows it)
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
- Versatile e-learning opportunities to explore new horizons
- Entertaining, often unforgettable company events
Off to the starting line! Simply upload your application documents via our application tool. If we have what you d like, and you ve got what we re looking for, there's nothing standing in the way of a first interview, in which we'll be happy to clarify all your questions!
If you have any questions before you apply, Christopher Mercier from HR will be happy to hear from you on .
Note: Colorful teams are one of our key strengths. We welcome anyone who recognizes her- or himself in the ad above. We explicitly promote diversity, equal opportunities regardless of age, origin and gender, and the inclusion of handicapped people.