Lead Machine Learning Engineer ( AI )
Remote Work from Anywhere in the U.S.
Overview of Position
The Artificial Intelligence, Lead Machine Learning (AI / ML) Engineer will be responsible for building Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science Platform and Solutions for Change Healthcare.
You will enjoy working with a highly talented and diverse team of data scientists and engineers specializing in deep learning, active learning, and classical machine learning on one of the richest data sets in US healthcare. You'll be equipped with nearly limitless cloud computing resources and be expected to deliver business impact through the implementation of a state of art Voicebots or Conversational Agents in addition to building and contributing to the AI platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Machine Learning with Python, have experience working with large data sets, and deploying data-driven solutions. You are focused on results, a self-starter, able to put the team-first, and have demonstrated success in using data science to develop and deploy solutions with a focus on impact.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Work with AI team leaders, product, peer engineering teams, build the vision, strategy, and technical roadmap of AI platform to drive major impact to our business.
- Build the state of art AI platform, continuously adopting the latest large community backed opensource functional components and with customization to support Healthcare AI solutions.
- Ensure engineering design are guided by high performance, scalability, security, following the strict healthcare policy compliance, with low cost.
- Agile through experimentation, prototyping, and solid execution.
- Define and track key success metrics for the AI Platforms
- Work with management to prioritize business and AI platform needs
- Share with management and peers on potential new improvement opportunities
- Integrate the AI platforms with existing and evolving data platforms
- Build the AI platform in cloud environment and stay current with the industry best open source development
- Engage directly on all aspects of building the platform including infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Networking), data ingestion (batch and streaming), ETL, AI libraries, inference engine, offline training pipeline, orchestration, operation and optimization.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or closely related software engineering field.
- An excellent track record (10+ years) of delivering AI platforms and solution products, including core AI platform, conversational AI platform, and AI solutions for enterprises.
- Solid experience in AI, Machine Learning, including new and emerging technologies in Machine Learning/Deep Learning, AI, and big data
- Extensive hands-on experience (10+ years) in building software and AI platform/solutions, able to translate business requirements into clean/logical design, strong skills in coding, design and code review, sprint management, DevOps; able to deliver under pressure.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, able to lead by principles, and use your technical and people skills to help team members to perform, deliver, and grow.
- Foster an open, respectful, collaborative culture. Bias to action, customer-obsessed, always willing to go extra miles to meet customers needs.
- A strategic thinker and planner who can help craft plans to multiple stakeholders. can lead change, operate effectively within a dynamic organization.
- Strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation and team building
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key product partners and your engineering peers
- Technical expertise in data and AI: strong knowledge in AI platform building, AI solution building with AI data scientists, A/B testing, POC, Agile process.
- Experience with AWS Storage/Compute/DB, Kubernetes, Spark, Docker, Flint, Kafka, Kubeflow, TF Serving, TensorFlow, Pytorch, Spark MLib, Scikit-learn, Apache MXNet, Jupyter, Splunk, Grafana, Cloud Watch, etc.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to translate robust analytics and metrics into simple to understand takeaways and present findings to management and business partners
- A great collaborator who can work across operating styles and can bring together multiple perspectives, able to handle conflicts with best interests of company and customers in mind
- Experience in healthcare and financial payment systems development is a plus
li-remote Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information () .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.