Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Michael foods, Inc. located in Britt, Iowa where more eggs are produced within a 100 mile radius than anywhere in the world. Small town living and friendly faces make Britt, Iowa a place to call home. Our location is an egg processing flacility that varies from breaking, pasteurization, and dried egg. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
- Responsible for overseeing departments and making sure the production, cleaning, priorities, etc. are being taken care of.
- Responsible for assisting with training all new employees.
- Responsible for working closely with management and Supervisors.
- Responsible for making sure that all production employees are working safely and following all procedures and policies.
- Responsible for keeping management informed of the progress or problems that arise.
- Responsible for enforcing all company rules.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Detect and correct GMP/Safety violations.
- Act upon employee issues.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's & SQF policies, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products
- May fill in for the Area Supervisor as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
No prior experience or training.
Lead experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
Licenses, certificates, registrations:
Other skills and abilities:
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Must maintain and have knowledge of a basic set of tools.