Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a family owned, vertically-integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, a folding carton facility, recycled and virgin containerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock plants, timberlands, a paper slitting operation, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates over 35 facilities in 16 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, sustainability, quality, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit .
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is seeking an Applications System Analyst to work at the Corporate Office. This individual will work closely with the Corporate Accounting department as a technical resource to support, enhance, and document mainframe software applications.
This position is located on-site at the Corporate Headquarters in Green Bay, WI and can be either full-time or part-time (20 - 40 hours a week).
- Support and enhance existing accounting and time/attendance systems, including in-house developed and third-party mainframe-based applications.
- Document and communicate in non-technical terms, to train end users on new systems or modifications, and to assist in migration of mainframe software to non-mainframe platforms.
- Follow all steps in the systems development life cycle (planning, analysis, design, programming, documentation, implementation, and maintenance).
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the applications and the supporting infrastructure.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in IBM mainframe programming (including COBOL, CICS, VSAM) is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
- Additional knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Infor M Series (Millennium) financial management suite, including PDL software development
- Crystal Reports
- Understanding of business accounting applications
- Excellent analytical & computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project leadership abilities
Compensation & Benefits:
Green Bay Packaging Inc. offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life and a 401(k) match program.