The Green Bay Shipping Container Division is modern, automated, industry leading manufacturer of corrugated packaging for the food, paper, hardware, housewares and furniture industries. We take pride in our culture of safety, quality, performance and sustainability. We provide each and every employee with the training and resources needed to be successful in their job. As a growing organization, we want you to help take us to new levels in the packaging industry-come join the Shipping Container family.
We are seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Mechanic for our Green Bay Shipping Container division. This individual will be responsible for repairing, installing, and troubleshooting production equipment in a corrugated production/converting plant in an efficient, high quality, and safe manner.
- Perform all duties with a "safety's first" focus
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work requirements
- Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as printing and gluing systems, pumps, fans, tanks, and conveyors according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Understanding of Steam and Steam systems
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Technical degree or Journeyman certificate in an industrial maintenance type field preferred.
- Minimum of Four (4) years of prior experience as a Maintenance Mechanic and any combination of technical skills trade education and machine maintenance experience will be considered.
- General knowledge of gear drives, conveyors, pneumatics, and hydraulic systems is required.
- Good human relations skills and strong verbal communication skills are required.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive wage, rates of $34.23 and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, pension and 401(k). Employee Health & Wellness is a priority for us. All employees and their immediate family members have access to our two health and wellness clinics. Services are free and include preventative and acute care.