Do you want to work for a company that consistently ranks as one of Northeast Ohio' s TOP WORKPLACES?
Our partner, THE LUBRIZOL CORPORATION, is currently seeking the right person to join their Maintenance Utilities
$21 hour Job Summary:
The Maintenance Utilities is responsible for using their technical skills, knowledge, and experience to complete the mechanical maintenance and construction activities by performing the following duties: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Provide technical input to internal customers regarding the installation, repair, and general upkeep of buildings and grounds at the Lubrizol Painesville facility.
- Continuously improve the quality of the individual and group services in order to meet the plant' s needs in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Operate and utilize tools of the trade including some heavy equipment.
- Fabrication utilizing different types of materials.
- Carpentry work - hanging drywall, drawers, etc.
- General repairs, labor assignments, and installation of structural components and materials.
- Occasional snow removal and salting of sidewalks.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Considered a Plus:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Must be dependable.
- Problem solving skills.
- Customer focused.
- Basic math, reading, and comprehension skills.
- Knowledge of the following: Welding, drywall, tile, metal fabrication, rigging, carpentry, masonry, concrete, painting, plumbing, insulating, reading prints and diagrams, reading tools of the trade
- Previous chemical plant experience or knowledge of chemical hazards.
- Formal technical/trade schools or certification.
- Computer skills.