Our mission and values put the patient first and helps you to feel valued while respecting teamwork and collaboration. This position will oversee our Chemical Dependency Unit and other adult psychiatric services. This position will work days and is located at our south campus off of SW 59th & Penn. The ideal candidate for this position will have nursing leadership experience, be excellent at building relationships and have the organizational skills to successfully manage multiple areas. At SSM health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Two years' registered nurse experience, with demonstrated progressive leadership responsibility
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.