Primary Purpose of Role:
Responsible for monitoring the shipping process and employees on a day to day basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff, coordinate shift meetings and develop daily work schedules.
- Provide training for new and existing employees to maintain current knowledge relative to distribution.
- Provide supervision of shift employees and report personnel issues to Manager
- Perform department specific training with employees and assist in developing training documentation
- Provide off-shift and backup support for Shipping Clerk/ Logistics Coordinator roles
- Assist with transfer product schedules between Creative Converting distribution centers on time to support production and to meet our customers' requirements
- Fill in for call-ins and/or vacations as needed
- Work with team to maintain the warehouse aisle and sanitation audit program
- Work with other leads and management to develop productivity standards and measures
- Work with manager to measure employee productivity
- Assist Manager in adjusting crew schedule for call-ins and provide break relief when needed.
- Understand and utilize Manhattan PKMS Warehouse management System, FedEx Ship Manager and UPS Worldship
- Able to operate all equipment in assigned area to be able to provide back up support
- Perform all duties of a warehouse associate.
- Should have 3 plus years warehouse/shipping experience.
- Requires strong PC skills including the ability to learn Warehouse Management System and PKMS
- Organized and displays good time management skills
- Always carries self in a professional manner especially in dealings with employees and customers
- Ability to identify and report problems and contribute to solution implementation
- Attend safety meetings and participate in safety awareness activities
- Displays positive attitude, great work ethic and gets along with others
This might be the job for you if you
- Are self-motivated with outstanding decision making skills
- Prior Leadership roles
- Have organizational and good time management skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good attitude and attendance
- Be willing to learn new things
- Have the ability to work changing work schedules
Why you should apply
- Great Benefits
- 401K Match
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Outstanding Teamwork and Culture
To apply, please upload a resume and complete an online application at
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- 3 - 5 years: Please provide 3-5+ years work history.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)