Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians is seeking a MRI/CT Technologist to join our Radiology Department in Westerville, Ohio. This position works closely and personably with other Technologists, Physicians, Nursing staff, and Office staff while providing prompt, courteous, and quality care to every patient requiring our services. This a full-time position working Monday - Friday. Shifts could be at our Olentangy, Reynoldsburg, or Westerville locations and will vary based on needs. Hours anywhere between 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Four 10 hour or three 12 hour shifts available.
- Practice magnetic protection both individually and on behalf of the patient.
- Responsible for explaining procedures to the patients and answering questions as needed.
- Scan patients according to protocols and parameters set forth by department policy or by a Radiologist.
- Process exams on all successfully completed MRI/CT exams.
- Troubleshoot minor problems that arise with the MRI/CT scanner, PACS system. Seek assistance from appropriate
service personnel when necessary.
- Have adequate knowledge of department computer and phone systems.
- Stay current on new protocols, software changes, policies and procedures, and quality assurance
• Maintain a clean and workable working environment at all times. Assure ample stock of linen and professional
- Start IV's and inject contrast medium whenever it is appropriate.
- Inform patients of scan delays or equipment repairs that cause excess waiting for the patient. Assist in
transporting patients to restroom, patient's car, or other department whenever necessary.
- Assist Receptionists and Physicians in setting up appointments for routine patients. Act as a backup for team
members who are out of the office, both planned and unplanned.
- Participate in continuing education applicable to the field and/or self-improvement. Attend and participate in
staff meetings and other miscellaneous mandatory meetings.
- Assist in training new Technologists hired by the center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of course in Radiologic Technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Hold current certification with ARRT in categories R, N, or T or MRI
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's degree in allied health field and certification in another clinical imaging field (such as ARDMS or NMTCB) and 6 months supervised MRI clinical scanning experience preferred, but not required.
- 1 year experience working in Radiology, preferred, but not required.