The Municipal Analyst/Trader is primarily responsible for analysis of prospective municipal bond credits in trading situations as well as ongoing surveillance of credits held in portfolio, as well as contributing to discussions around asset allocation, portfolio construction and economic views.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform fundamental credit analysis on an initial and ongoing basis for investment grade municipal credits across the spectrum of municipal sectors for tax-exempt and taxable bond portfolios.
- Make security and sector positioning recommendations to the Municipal Team based on fundamental credit and relative value analysis
- Analyze performance attribution and special performance projects to inform asset allocation
- Work on special projects as needed
- Provide support to marketing/compliance/operations as needed
- Monitor developments that affect the municipal market (legislation, rating agency views, court cases)
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance/Marketing)
- 5-7 years of work experience in the financial services industry, specifically, investment/asset management
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Pro-active approach to accuracy and attention to details.
- Analytical skills with the ability to dig in
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Teamwork - ability to collaborate in a professional and constructive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and quantitative skills.
BENEFITS AT KAR:
In addition to health insurance, Vacation, PTO benefits and a generous 401(k) company match, KAR is proud to offer its employees benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account with a Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts including Dependent Care
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 24-Hour Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Paid Family Care Time
- Paid Volunteer days
- Paid Parking
- Gym onsite
- Fully stocked kitchen- lunch provided
- Hybrid 3/2 remote
KAR is made up of diverse, talented, and passionate employees working together to achieve a common and rewarding goal: providing high quality investment strategies and wealth solutions for our clients. We are currently seeking candidates who possess the skills, vision, and determination to excel in their chosen fields.
Awarded Best Firm Culture at the 2022 PAM Awards, KAR maintains a team-oriented culture of accessibility, open communication, and respect. We believe in empowering and growing our people and are excited to be hiring.
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For additional general information on Kayne Anderson Rudnick, please access the firm s web website at .