Cedar Crest Village by Erickson Senior Living
Cedar Crest is a beautiful 130-acre continuing care retirement community nestled in the Ramapo Mountains in Pompton Plains, a neighborhood of Morris County, New Jersey. We're part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states-and growing.
We are hiring a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). The LPN/LVN is responsible for providing clinical care to residents in the neighborhood according to the nursing standards of practice, board of nursing, and Erickson Senior Living standards.
How you will make an impact:
- Developing relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach supporting the resident's physical, spiritual, emotional, and clinical needs and focusing on placing the resident first.
- Assessing, observing, and evaluating resident's clinical condition, document findings in the resident electronic medical record, and notify the provider and/or RN when necessary.
- Updating or modifying care plans as needed to reflect any changes to a resident's care and service needs.
- Supervising and leading care associates
- Administering medications timely, accurately, and according to orders.
- Participating in meetings related to resident outcomes and care
- Responding to residents, family, or responsible parties in a timely and professional manner
- Participating in the review of clinical indicator reviews - falls, wounds, nutrition, antipsychotic use, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by RN clinical leader
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Onsite physicians group dedicated to only serving Erickson Senior Living residents
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Gated community with 24/7 security
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
What you will need:
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical/Vocational Nursing program.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in assisted living, home health, or long-term care is preferred.
- A passion to care for seniors and be a strong resident advocate.
- Experience with electronic medical records is preferred.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.