Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a private, family owned, worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed XMT® technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies, PTMScan®, a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, and PhosphoSitePlus®, an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications. We are passionate about our role in contributing to the life science industry's advancing of the human condition through accelerating the discovery and development of innovative therapies for human disease. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine.Position Summary:
The Order Fulfillment Specialist I is a member of the Supply Chain team and is responsible for picking, packaging and shipping of biological products. Success as an Order Fulfillment specialist is measured by following department standard operating procedures, having keen attention to detail, dedication for delivering high picking accuracy, and working effectively in a team environment.Responsibilities:
- Assemble start of day cold packaging shipping material
- Accurately pick, sort, and stage domestic or international orders
- Correctly package staged product in accordance with their specific shipping requirements
- Scan and label packages in shipping terminal and stage for carrier pick up
- Rotate and replenish inventory from overstock
- Effectively communicate with people from other teams
- Work cross-functionally with other teams as required
- Required participation in End of Year inventory count (December 31 every year)
- High School diploma or high school equivalent
- 1 year previous work experience in a warehouse environment
- Basic computer knowledge and working ability with Gmail or other email application
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to work evenings and weekends when business necessitates (advanced notification will be provided)
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a CST-sponsored DOT physical prior to start
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this position:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, and twist; use arms and hands to reach, touch, handle, or feel
- Required to push and pull heavy objects
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
What we offer....
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software is a plus
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to troubleshoot routine packaging/shipping related problems
- Ability to work independently and exercise situational awareness
- Results driven and proactive individual
At Cell Signaling Technology we recognize that people will always be our most important asset. Providing a safe, inclusive and stimulating working environment that understands the importance of diversity, human dignity and meaningful work is as important as establishing company policies that incorporate excellent health insurance and pay benefits. We recognize that development of people is the key to their happiness and thus ensure every employee has impactful discussions with their manager and develops actionable performance and professional development plans. Lastly, we are committed to engaging and supporting our employees in committees and philanthropy that benefit their local communities and environment through community investment programs.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, our communities, partners and customers. In order to promote that safety and well-being, we require that all US-based employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated, or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief, may make a request for exemption. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company.
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws. AGENCIES
All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of CST, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by CST for this position and a valid agreement with CST is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the CST agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.