Join Our Community of Food People! Hiring Event every Tuesday in September from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Walk-ins welcome, but please apply online to expedite interview process.JOIN OUR WAREHOUSE TEAM!
Our Warehouse Team Members prepare the orders that sustain our business, instilling and reinforcing safety above all else. We team up to deliver accurate and damage-free orders. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and service. Together we help our customers make it, but we also believe in helping our warehouse team make it! We are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. Join Our Community of Food People!
Ready to build a career with a company that's leading the foodservice industry? US Foods is one of the largest food distributors with a culture and a history of promoting from within, excellent training programs and continuous improvement focus. Benefits: Full coverage, amazing benefits
(medical, dental, vision) for the whole family for a low cost after 90-120 days. Additional generous hourly amount is contributed toward pension. Pay:
$26.09/hr starting, increases are already laid out in the CBA with a max pay at $28.97. Mandatory overtime may be required and is paid at 1.5X.Sign On Bonus: $2,500 paid over the first year. Facility
: Conveniently located, concessions available on site for purchase. Free snacks, coffee, tea, cocoa, and more.Uniforms
: Not required in the warehouse but freezer suits, gloves, etc. are provided as needed. Annual safety shoe stipend through our direct order boot program, for your choice of safety footwear.Employee Discounts
: Available for all types of items through Perkspot; discounts also available on over 300,000 items that can be purchased through US Foods.Culture:
all training and certifications provided, warehouse appreciation week, access to employee resource groups, opportunities to join cultural and professional employee groups, strong safety culture, nationwide transfer and promotion opportunities, and much more!
Click here for more on diversity and inclusion at US Foods: Diversity & Inclusion | US Foods
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Job Functions:
- Safely and accurately select customer orders. Build and wrap pallets to meet weekly standards for productivity and accuracy
- Perform pre-shift equipment checks and safely operate an electric pallet
- Carefully move products from racks to pallets directed by order selecting software and equipment
- Validate that correct product has been selected and is damage free
- Efficiently deliver products to correct dock area and shrink wraps palletized orders
- Team up to clear aisles of debris, stacks empty pallets from slots in aisle and return pallet jacks to charging area
- Experience operating motorized pallet jack or similar equipment preferred
- Recent experience (within past 6 months) in high endurance or highly physical activity or role preferred e.g. lifting/transferring patients, sports/fitness, farming, construction work, etc.
- Experience selecting large scale orders in a warehouse or distribution center environment preferred
- Able to work 8+ hour night shifts, typically Sunday - Thursday. At times weekends and holidays will required
Why US Foods
- Comfortable working in a multi-temperature environment ranging as low as -5 degrees required (freezer suits provided as needed)
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull 20 to 80+ lbs. of product repetitively; moving 1,000+ cases of product during each shift required
At US Foods, we're committed to our mission of GREAT FOOD. MADE EASY -- providing food products that keep operators ahead of customer demand and services that help them run their operations.
For questions regarding this position please reach out to Tia Miller at ler@ .***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*****EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***