Payroll AnalystAbout This Role
Under the direct supervision of the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Analyst shares the responsibility with other Payroll Analysts for the processing and maintaining of approximately 6000 weekly hourly payrolls. Payroll is processed for several RSC locations, BDC locations, subsidiaries and semi-monthly corporate utilizing our in-house payroll system. This position has the necessary knowledge for using payroll best practices, policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing, while adhering to all federal state and local laws and regulations. The Payroll Analyst is responsible for interpreting and the processing a high volume of multi-state garnishments. This position is the point of contact for all levels of management at the RSC and Corporate. The Payroll Analyst will research, analyze issues, configuration defects with or without guidance and formulate resolution/recommendation by analyzing patterns, reviewing audit files and/or trace transactions including review of applicable Policies. Provide resolution in accordance with due dates, documentation and processes. Escalates issues or noncompliance of processes/procedures or policies as appropriate. Works cross-functionally with all areas and levels of management including Employment, HR Management, HRIS, Benefits, Compensation for troubleshooting and resolution of a wide range of matters relating to absence, time tracking and payroll such as one-time payments, compensation changes, leaves of absences, reporting etc. Conducts and/or supports acceptance testing of ongoing processes as required for all system updates for the Payroll work stream.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- 3-4 years of recent payroll corporate experience, such as payroll processing, tax withholding and garnishments in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Associates degree and/or Payroll certification desired
- Working knowledge of Workday payroll software desired
- Demonstrated ability to have strong PC skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Strong math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills to handle a heavy workload, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Must be able to operate independently, while adhering to strict practices and procedures
- Excellent customer service, phone and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability in researching and resolving customer issues/questions
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and exercise good judgement in a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to exercise considerable initiative and the ability to interpret various policies, independently and with minimal supervision
You are passionate and dedicated in all aspects of payroll to ensure employees are paid timely and accurately. You love being challenged and working in a fast-paced changing environment and collaborating with your peers.Required Skills
- 3-4 years of recent payroll experience
- Working knowledge of payroll system
- Garnishment experience
- Comfortable using office applications such as Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Being able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task and be organized
- Working knowledge of Workday
From the start of your Ace Hardware career, you'll appreciate why we're known as "The Helpful Place." Helpful means living the Ace values: winning, excellence, love, integrity, gratitude, humility, and teamwork. Helpful is the key to our success and is ingrained in everything we do. We are stronger together and work as ONE to be the helpful place across our communities, retail stores, retail support centers and corporate offices. Join us and share our passion for making a positive impact on every customer we touch.
At Ace Hardware, we support our retailers and the community at large. We believe our teams are our most important assets and offer work-life balance, promotion from within, and such competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous 401(k) contributions, great vacation allocation, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement. If you're looking for an employer that wants to help you live your best life, apply with Ace today.Compensation Details:
$51600 - $74000 per yearWhy should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don't often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits that address life's necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year)
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. That's why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.Disclaimer
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual's education, training and experience, the position's work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions..... click apply for full job details