CLEAR Employer Services, a PEO and payroll service bureau, has an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Payroll Specialist at our location in Langhorne, Pennsylvania. CLEAR seeks an experienced multi-jurisdictional payroll specialist to perform daily payroll processing and payroll tax filings in its fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be responsible for simple set-ups plus multiple, simultaneous projects and be tasked with continual problem/solution identification. The Payroll Specialist communicates with clients and process payrolls for upwards of 100 clients.
This position is remote a few days a week and will require the team member to be in the office on scheduled days.
- Responsible for overseeing the processing of a portfolio of small business payrolls.
- Maintains the accuracy of the payroll database systems.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly state, federal payroll tax filings.
- Researchers state reporting requirements and wage and hour laws in each state that the company provides employment.
- Sets up direct deposit and resolves direct deposit issues to include stop payment of payroll checks.
- Ensures accurate maintenance of time records, overtime, vacation tracking, sick leave, bonus, and bonus payments.
- Responds promptly to employer questions and problems regarding payroll issues.
- Processes garnishments for payroll deductions, to include calculations, tracking, and submitting for payment to the appropriate agencies.
- Ensures proper record retention and storage of all payroll related documentation
Skills and Qualifications:
To be qualified for this position you need customer service experience, ability to work under pressure, strong mathematical and solution-oriented mindset and excellent oral & verbal communication. Payroll or accounting experience is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related business field (strongly recommended) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience processing high volume payroll service bureau
- Multi-state payrolls. Understanding of Wage & Hour Laws and regulations for multiple states are required
- Experience working with MS Office suite, Excel knowledge required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written. Able to function as a productive team member.
- Experience with specific payroll software, Prism or Evolutions, a plus
- Payroll certifications (FPC or CPP) a plus
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws and reporting requirements, experienced and fluent in local, multi-state and federal tax responsibilities.
- Experienced and fluent in payroll compliance including regulations regarding earnings, deductions/garnishments, taxes, and benefits.
- Independently computer savvy (Excel and MS Office Suite, Google Office Suite, HRIS, Payroll systems)
- Must have good communication and writing skills to interact in a constructive manner with management, peers, and coworkers and with outside reporting jurisdictions
- Strong analytical and auditing skills
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Expertise with web-based and other resources to research payroll tax issues and new legislation that affects payroll.
- Detailed understanding of payroll reports/registers and how they tie together, as needed to perform ongoing monthly and quarterly tax reconciliation.
CLEAR Requires final candidates to pass a standard background screening prior to starting the position. CLEAR is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR