At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security Phantom Works (BDS PW) team is growing their Communication as a Service (CaaS) capability and is seeking mid-level software engineers to be part of our next-generation CaaS capability development program. CaaS is a software-defined network that provides provisioned delivery of critically important data to applications (based upon configurable policy and reservation-based access controls. It prioritizes network routing based on hierarchical priorities). Initial phase will convert Python to C++ code and transition capability to operational hardware. This is a ground floor opportunity to participate in a new program with opportunities for significant growth.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic team and support in defining requirements, development, integration and testing of mission planning software for the US Navy. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers that take pride in delivering innovative solutions to a variety of exciting customer needs. Developers will create the next generation of software capability that enables interoperability between multiple fielded platforms as well as support the design the next generation communication infrastructure for future platforms.
The selected applicant will be a member of a successful, collaborative team, and must be a self-starter who can work through complex problems with limited detail and direction. The teams use a combination of SAFe Agile and traditional Agile methodologies to support all aspects of the product development lifecycle. The applicant will be encouraged to actively help the team continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions to products and processes. The PW and CaaS teams are located in Tukwila and Kent, Washington but support projects across the Boeing enterprise. Primary Responsibilities:
- Design and development of Core Software Architecture Components, S/W-to-H/W interface and control, and stand-alone micro services
- Adding capability to currently released software components within an Agile S/W development construct
- Fixing bugs and maintaining released software components
- Participation in use case development in support of software requirements
- Interface definition development
- Operating Systems development to implement router-like capability
- Software Algorithm Development using advance Machine Learning techniques
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, MatLab, within a Linux OS environment
- Collaborating with customers and other engineering teams to define product capabilities
- Creation of software documentation and detailed requirements
- Participation in peer reviews
- Support internal and external VIP demonstrations of product capability
The selected team member enjoys working collaboratively with others, has a commitment to customer satisfaction and process improvement, and is successful working in a multi-contract/multi-program environment. This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post - Start is required. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- 5+ years of Java, C++, and/or C# programming language
- 5+ years of Linux or Windows development environments
- Experience in Python or bash scripting
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required
Typical Education & Experience:
- Software development in an Agile or SAFe Agile environment (E.g Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira)
- S/W Configuration management tools and processes (E.g. Git, Jenkins, Docker, Podman)
- Experience with Ansible (or similar scripting systems)
- Experience working with Linux operating systems including Red Hat or Solaris
- 1+ years of work experience in the development of cloud computing or web services
- Experience converting Python to C++ executables
- IP-based radio communication
- Cloud-based software design
- Use case and sequence diagram development
- Hardware and Software/Firmware Integration
- Embedded Systems S/W
- System Modeling in Matlab and Cameo
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
- For further information on the basic relocation plan, refer here .
This is a SPEEA represented position. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies . Shift:
This position is for 1st shift. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.