Putnam Community Medical Center seeks an exceptional surgeon to join their successful Putnam Surgical Group.
- Join a well-established, employed practice of 2 general surgeons.
- The practice is part of a larger employed multi-specialty group that includes an orthopaedic surgeon and gastroenterologist.
- Incoming surgeon should be comfortable with all aspects of general surgery.
- Ideal candidate would also be able to perform some vascular surgery procedures, especially peripheral vascular surgery.
- No fellowship required.
- Practice and facility call 1:3.
- Cover only 1 hospital.
- Board eligible / board certified.
Practice covers a wide range of general procedures:
- Bread and butter surgery
- Breast surgery
- Laparoscopic (hernia, gallbladder, colon, appendectomy, etc.).
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease GERD surgery for heartburn
- Some dermatological surgeries
This is an employed opportunity through HCA Physician Services Group which offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great comprehensive and flexible benefits program
- PTO and CME time / allowance
- Occurrence-based malpractice
- Strong support system
About Putnam Community Medical Center:
- 99-bed acute care facility
- Full complement of quality healthcare services including 24/7 ER and Primary Stroke certification
- Part of North Florida Regional Healthcare which includes Lake City Medical Center and North Florida Regional Medical Center. Delivering an enhanced scope of innovated, quality healthcare to the communities they serve in a better network of care
Nestled within a bend of the St. Johns River, Palatka is a historic Northeast Florida city that proudly displays its Old Florida charm. The city hosts a myriad of festivals and offers an abundance of outdoor activities, from canoeing and kayaking to hiking or playing golf. It is just a short drive from the oldest city in the US, St. Augustine, and the beautiful Florida coast.