Salary: $24.27 – 30.72/Hr.
$50,482 - $63,898/Annually
Division: Police Department
Hours of Work: To Be Determined
Location: Northfield, Ohio
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Non-Exempt from the bargaining unit
- Responsible for patrolling grounds & buildings on foot & in car, protects lives of consumers/clients, visitors & employees. Checks property for open doors, gates, windows, fires, & other hazards. Enforces laws, rules & regulations.
- Checks identity of unknown persons on grounds & nature of their business.
- Checks vehicle permits, issues traffic tickets as necessary.
- File affidavits serve warrants & testifies in court as required.
- Investigates complaints, conducts criminal & accident investigations, makes inquiries, document findings & communicates with public regarding sensitive issues.
- Performs variety of service functions (e.g., performs security duty at special events, responds to emergencies, escorts, protects & assists visitors, assists nursing, medical or direct care personnel in handling/restraining, transporting aggressive consumers/clients when requested, checks patients on grounds after curfew.
- Performs routine administrative duties related to police work (e.g., keeps daily patrol log, writes incident reports as needed, answer telephone, relays messages via radio & telephone, files & types reports as assigned).
- Utilize Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services approved office productivity software, intra & internet resources, & information systems in an appropriate work-related manner as specified in the NBH Personal Computer Usage Guidelines for Employees.
Possession of certificate having successfully completed approved basic peace officer training program or completion of 20 years active duty as peace officer per section 109.78 (D) of Ohio Revised Code for Mental Retardation, Developmental Disabilities & Mental Health facility employees. Must have a valid Driver’s License. Probationary period is one year.
BENEFITS AND MORE:
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Leave
- Health insurance available the first day of following month after employment
- Dental, Vision & Life insurance after 1 year of continuous service at no cost
- Disability Leave benefits after 1 year of employment
- Continuing Education opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Retirement – Law Enforcement Retirement System (LERS)
- Ohio Deferred Compensation (Optional)