If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Precision Assembler will be responsible for the preparation of assembly work and documentation. This position will also assemble a variety of equipment and tools and perform test requirements. Additionally, the Precision Assembler will be responsible for the disassembly, cleaning, inspecting and reassembly during any repair process. This person will have access to the most modern materials and tools at our facility to accomplish these expectations to ensure the delivery of a high-quality product to our customers.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Complete assemblies according to drawings, instructions, and work orders, performing testing when required.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of inspection equipment, their functions and uses to ensure that all parts and assemblies are within specifications.
- Ensure all parts and components are clean prior to assembly and that assemblies are completed properly, following all assembly procedures.
- Follow all safety procedures, and wear required personal safety equipment.
- Operate various precision measuring tools, i.e. micrometers, vernier, and CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machines), in a warehouse environment, as well as hand tools, i.e. hydraulic torque wrench and fire torch.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within assembly.
- Have a sharp eye for detail and a results-oriented approach.
- Capable of calculating basic mathematical functions including computation of rate, ratio, and percent and to convert one type of measurement into another.
- Participate in CIP activities as needed and comply with all Flowserve policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints and technical drawings safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and communicate clearly to peers, supervisors, and customers.
- Show a customer-service mindset for on-time delivery and quality workmanship.
- Basic computer aptitude to use/learn data entry systems and to use Microsoft Office Package.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice.
- Demonstrate behavior that promotes team building and continuous improvement.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time able to safely lift, up to, 50 lbs.
- Shipping and receiving, handle incoming and outgoing packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Workshop experience.
- Knowledge of automation control and electrical components.
- Experience as a mechanic for rotating machines, mechanical devices or as a general mechanic.
- General certificate of education or vocational training.
- HS Diploma / GED and 3-5 years relevant experience
Req ID : R-407
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to employment@. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.