Come work for us and build your future with a growing packaging industry that is a great place to work! ProAmpac is located right in Cheektowaga, NY. We are seeking for a Print Shop Coordinator to help supervise employees and work on projects for 1st shift.
ProAmpac offers a full benefits package!
Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid parental leave
Generous 401k company match!
11 paid holidays
Safety shoe and glasses allotment
Generous employee referral program
ProAmpac's Employee Assistance Fund
Quarterly bonus programs and much, much more.
The Printing Press Coordinator works under the direction of the Press Manager to help coordinate production and maintain and operate machinery when required. This role verifies the work of all Press Department employees through random audits of individuals on all shifts. This role is also responsible for projects assigned by the Print Manager and accepts ultimate responsibility for the facilitation and completion of all projects in a timely fashion. This role coaches on employee performance and delivers disciplinary actions when required. Duties include providing strategic training development for the print shop on all shifts as needed.
- Maintains production standards, quality control, safety standards, and cost control, as directed by the Print Shop Manager.
- Coordinates and facilitates the training of employees, periodically reviewing progress and quality of work through random audits.
- Maintains excellent communication with all departments, advising on technical aspects of equipment capacities, use of materials, suitable reproduction techniques, etc.
- Drives continuous improvements within the team and schedule 5S events.
- Maintains status of Continuous Improvement projects for Management review and cost savings.
- Ensures all employees follow safety procedures by coaching and applying disciplinary actions when needed.
- Upholds team to performance and attendance issues by coaching and applying disciplinary actions when needed.
- Verifies that all finished jobs are done correctly, especially all the information on the standard.
- Provides management with detailed quality reports as required - daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Embraces a team attitude and supports management directives.
- Performs special projects as assigned within or outside the department or position to assist in the success of ProAmpac's objectives.
- High School degree or GED is required.
- Five plus years of Flexo print production supervisory experience or similar supervisory experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to drive continuous improvement by KPI's
- Strong organizational and project supervisory skills
- Demonstrated ability to promote teamwork and lead by example.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the capacity to influence people.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Computer skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize production work schedules and re-prioritize as needs of the operation shift.