An exciting opportunity is available for a Process Engineer to join an award-winning, FTSE 100 global engineering company. With over 60 years of experience, you will be working with an innovative organisation who strongly believe in developing their employees' skillsets.
The successful individual will have the opportunity to work on projects focussing on creating and developing new products for their customers who are in a wide range of sectors. As a Process Engineer, you will be selecting, evaluating and implementing appropriate technologies and processes to support design intent and enable the smooth transition from product concept to production.
What you'll be doing
- You will work within creative, multi-functional teams to support the delivery of validated, robust and profitable new products and services.
- You will leverage in-house expertise and adapt existing processes to suit new product concepts
- Success will also require, when appropriate, the development of pioneering new techniques and equipment. This will involve liaison with patent attorneys to secure any new intellectual property.
- You will lead and/or contribute to delivery projects i.e. strategic and tactical projects
- You will implement statistical process controls and reliability analysis
- You will evidence your work by maintaining technical files and documentation
Previous experience required
- Experience of working within an advanced manufacturing environment
- Process design, with focus on product quality and management of cost
- Practical experience of operating manufacturing equipment (extrusion, braiding and swaging are of particular interest)
- Contribution to new product development projects
- Management of project and process risk
- Generation and implementation of product and process FMEAs