Role Profile: Production Manager
Competitive salary plus share options and company pension
The hirer is leading the way in producing incredible decorative panels, products and furniture from 100% recycled and recyclable plastics.
This role will suit you if you have production manager experience. You'll have worked in a growing SME manufacturing environment, where you'll have been used to a multi-faceted position. You'll be innovative, analytical, abreast of key trends and be able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ensure that all EHS policies and procedures are adhered to by the manufacturing team.
- Risk assessments and continuous improvement of EHS processes and procedures.
- Development of processes and compliance to ISO9001 and 14001.
- Continuous improvement of right first time, customer complaints, ppm.
- Achieving the daily/weekly and monthly production output.
- Continuous improvement of output, oee and productivity through downtime monitoring and improvement.
- Training and development of employees to a training matrices and procedures
- Implementation and development of a TPM and maintenance system for production.
- Introduction of lean principles to optimise production.
- Implementation and improvement of 5S principles.
- Management of manufacturing costs to a budget.
- Delivery and achievement of all manufacturing KPI's.
- Motivating, supporting and providing guidance to production staff
- Collate and analyse data, putting together production reports and action plans.
- Communicating regularly with upper management regarding problems or issues impacting production.
- Evaluating machine and labour resources to ensure continued production and minimal downtime.
- Setting productivity goals for each manufacturing team
- Developing workflow policies and procedures that improve efficiency without compromising safety or quality
- Plan and draw up a production schedule for the deployment of resources for fabrication, pressing and mixing.
- Task Management of production activities with clear scope on week-to-week basis.
- Monitor and report allocated hours in accordance with Budgeted hours.
- Conduct weekly tasks with rigor and report progress, issues, and variations to build plan.
- Develop and organise the fabrication material flow process to improve efficiency (Lean Manufacturing - Value Stream Mapping).
- Monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
- Organise the repair of any damaged equipment.
- Liaise with different departments, teams, and companies.
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 2+ years' experience as a production manager preferably from a plastic, fabrication and or hydraulic press production environment.
- Working experience of MRP systems.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proven track record of delivering improvements in RFT and efficiency.
- An analytical mind with an attention to detail.
- Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma experience
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience (desired)
- Highly results orientated.
- Flexible, high energy and driven
- Customer focussed
- Problem solving skills, ability to use own initiative to identify areas of improvement & propose solutions.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Share option scheme (EMI scheme)
- Excellent competitive salary
- 21 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Company contributed pension
- An opportunity to be part of a fast growing, dynamic business with a triple bottom line, supporting our journey to a more sustainable future
- Development opportunities including international travel
- Flexible working
We'd love to hear from you!
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.