Were searching for a Quality and Patient Safety Systems Administrator to assist in the development, configuration, implementation, maintenance and usage of quality and safety data systems, such as the RLDatix platform, REDCap database, and Biovigil system. Works with the Quality & Patient Safety Systems Analyst in the development of future quality and patient safety system opportunities. Liaisons with Information Technology analysts in addressing current quality and safety data requirements and system support needs.
- Supports the design, configuration, implementation and maintenance of department quality and safety data systems to accomplish the hospitals strategic goals related to quality and patient safety, and to meet the needs of the end-users.
- Conducts and participates in basic quality and safety data system projects.
- Participates in the development, optimization, and enhancement of the quality and safety data systems to improve processes by which quality and patient safety information is retrieved, utilized, maintained and stored .
- Assists with quality and safety data system training as needed; Creates quality and safety data systems user profiles as needed.
- Assists with investigating, analyzing and correcting quality and safety data system and user problems in a timely manner. Makes recommendations on technology advances and implements system changes to mitigate system ineffectiveness.
- Assists with the evaluation of safety event submissions and reviews, ensuring follow-up actions are documented and outstanding tasks are completed; Communicates event resolution/outcome to event submitter.
Coordinates utilization, efficiencies, and maintenance of quality and safety data systems and generates data into meaningful information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ensures optimal use of systems to support hospital goals and implement strategies to prevent future harm.
- Manages and maintains the safety event reporting system inclusive of tracking and analyzing event entries daily, assigning follow-up as appropriate, entering enhancement/correction data, and identifying patterns and trends in collaboration with the Professional Practice Evaluation Coordinators and Quality and Patient Safety Nurses.
- Plans and implements quality and safety recognition activities throughout the organization.
- Crafts collected data into visual, meaningful information that assists executives, departments, project teams, and committees in gaining knowledge; Leverages quality and safety system reporting and dashboard capabilities.
- Functions as a liaison with Information Technology Department to provide access to data, understand interface capabilities/functionality, and manage any system maintenance (i.e. upgrades, downtime) activities
- Evaluates current external reporting requirements related to quality and patient safety and makes recommendations for maximizing utilization of available data to achieve compliance
- Current knowledge of applying technology focused in the area of Healthcare
- Current knowledge of methods and mechanisms of using technology and data to evaluate safety and performance
- Proficiency with computer programs including working knowledge of Microsoft Office application
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to analyze data by creating spreadsheets and graphs.
- Proficient analytical skills to include data gathering, fact-finding, and report generation using word processing, spreadsheets, and database tools.
- Ability to turn data into information
- Analytical and critical thinking skills necessary for problem solving
- Strong attention to detail required
- Skills in problem solving and quality improvement strategies
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to include the use of computer technology in program presentations and/or data analysis
- Must have ability to work well with others, to work independently and to work with very general direction
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in information systems, a medical profession, or other equivalent related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of healthcare information and management system support or nursing/clinical informatics practice required.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting information or management systems
- Current and valid Nebraska RN license/RN Compact license require, if position filled by a nurse.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required within 6 months of hire, if position filled by nurse.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Quality Improvement and Change Concepts (QICC) required within one year of hire.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.