The Refinish Technician provides support to the Refinish laboratory in the development and application process leading to the creation of Refinish coating products.
- Preparation and evaluation of coating formulations including primers, basecoats, topcoats and clear coat using mixing equip., various spray equip.,
- Accurately running and recording test results for all coatings formulations.
- Interpretation and communication of test results.
- Support and communication with team members including chemists, technicians and sales.
- Documentation of experimental test results using computer programs such as Word, Excel.
- Safely handle, categorize and dispose of chemicals on a routine basis.
- Safely load, test, filter and transport small batch materials in a plant environment.
- Handling multiple tasks under strict time constraints
- Ability to work well with supervisor and a variety of R&D, manufacturing, and marketing people in a team environment.
- College degree preferred, minimum HS diploma/GED AND one year certificate from college or technical school or collision body shop
- Refinish product knowledge and strong application skills. Working knowledge of refinish industry
- Laboratory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interest in hands-on work to ensure a good understanding of the products.
- Effective problem solver.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work well in both self-managed and team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
External Company URL: