Medical City Spine Hospital
Registered Nurse - RN
Open Heart Surgery
$10,000 Sign on Bonus
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
The Surgical Services RN (Registered Nurse) performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Patients/Surgical Services.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic OR and pre-surgical area environment
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients
- Participate in Surgical Services specific initiatives and process improvement
- Promote a supportive OR environment
- Provides pre and post-surgical care of patients ranging from infant to geriatrics who will have (or have had) general anesthesia, epidural/spinal anesthesia and IV sedation
- Monitors all patients for airway and pain management'
- Proficient in interpretation of EKG changes, lab values and hemodynamic monitoring
- Provides care to patients receiving high-risk intravenous therapies and blood components
- Performs direct patient care in the peri-operative patient with duties related in developing a surgical plan of care throughout the continuum
- Following competency verification, may perform and monitor conscious sedation and blood/blood products administration
- Propose the plan of care for pre and post-operative/pre and post procedure patient
- Sign on Bonus
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Medical City Heart Hospital and Medical City Spine Hospital are destination hospitals for highly specialized advanced cardiovascular and spine care. The new state of the art facility is conveniently located near Medical City Dallas across Hwy. 75 and Forest Lane. The 24-bed Medical City Spine Hospital will provide comprehensive and coordinated spine care for common spine disorders and rare, hard-to-treat spinal deformities including adult and pediatric scoliosis, spondylolistheses, complex spine surgery and minimally invasive surgical options among others.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.