Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation s most prestigious healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement "World Class Care, every patient, every time" helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Registered Nurse to join our team! Responsibilities
What You ll Do
The Registered Nurse is under the general direction of the providers, you are delegated the autonomous authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out assigned duties. Responsible to provide direct patient care and assist the providers in the delivery of world-class medical care. Responsible to be a leader to other clinical staff members. Nursing practice must be within current standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the center. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provides direct nursing care to patients in accordance with existing protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Contributes to the assessment of patient s health status by collecting, recording, and reporting objective and subjective data. Timely, consistently, and accurately documents all patient interactions.
- Works effectively with providers and patients to schedule surgeries, imaging, lab, etc. Completes pre-authorization for all procedures or testing to ensure effective reimbursement.
- Management of all test results with triage of review by provider or follow-up and completion per protocol.
- Management of all incoming concerns from patient or outside provider with same-day follow-up by scheduling office visit, advising to report to emergency department, reviewing with provider, etc. Communicates and interacts with all customers (patients, visitors, co-workers, administrative staff, and physicians) in a positive and supportive manner.
- Demonstrates efficiency and dependability with assigned job responsibilities and cross-trains, as appropriate, to assist other staff members in their job duties.
What You ll Bring
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Idaho
- BLS certification required and ACLS certification within three months of employment.
- Commitment to the team problem solving approach using a patient-focused model.
What We Offer
Competitive pay and benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match. Generous paid time off, holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long term disability. Portneuf Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer