Company Overview:Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital
. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.Job Overview
The Registrar, working in either the Main Desk or the Emergency Room locations, is responsible for complete and accurate registrations, including the proper completion of required consent for treatment and payer compliance forms and the copying/scanning of patient insurance cards. The Registrar practices exceptional customer service and professionalism, manages the hospital PBX incoming phone lines, when needed, performs pre-admission, insurance verification and certification, mail distribution, and data entry as assigned. Additionally, the Registrar will collect payments at time of service as instructed, and ensures accurate posting. The Registrar's daily responsibilities are directed by the Admitting Supervisor and/ or the ER Supervisor, if applicable.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
Population Specific Criteria:
- Performs accurate registration using thorough interview technique to ensure that information is 100% complete and accurate. Ensures that all compliance requirements have been met, and the registration is properly created and/or updated for anticipated billing.
- Performs cash collections at time of service, consistent with financial counseling procedures, the hospital's Credit and Collection Policy and Guidelines and other financial directives. Utilizes Meditech system payment and receipt on all applicable encounters. Handles money competently, properly balances received payments and returned change, and balances and reconciles cash drawer daily.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail as assigned on the day of receipt.
- Correct registration of patient information, verifying all patient demographics, insurance information, insurance verifications, copying and scanning insurance cards as well as appropriate patient identification. Understand and complies with all Hospital, EMTALA, patient confidentiality, Advance Directives, ABN's and Insurance waivers.
- 100% correct admission data that includes review of type of account, duplications of registration of M#, subscriber errors, correct status change, accommodation rate, admission source and cash posting or closing cash drawer.
- Fiscal responsibility that includes reviewing and competing ABN's, insurance waivers, and ensuring completed pre-certification as needed. Performs cash collections according to guidelines and posts payments timely and accurately.
- Participates in department training and staff meetings. Reads daily summary reports and emails to ensure they are aware of any upcoming changes.
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with customers of all ages, recognizing language and learning barriers, and technology challenges.
- 2-3 years of experience in related field preferred
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail required
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently required
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English required
- Spanish preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
Pay range for new hires: $20.00 /hr - $25.92 /hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement can be viewed here