Remote Mortgage Underwriter
Location:Miami, FL, United States
Job Industry:Financial Services
Salary:The pay we're offering is $1 - $1 per year
- Underwrites FHA loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans.
- Reviews various applicant documents, e.g. final reports, tax returns, credit reports, etc., to ensure all necessary information is included for approval.
- Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to ensure a viable credit decision.
- Communicates regularly with related lending professionals, such as the sales team, loan processors, and management, to secure all required documents.
- Functions in an ever-changing environment and works across all business channels in Underwriting (Retail/CC/Wholesale) as needed.
Professional Staffing Group is one of Massachusetts largest staffing companies. Recruitment leaders count on us for help. You can too!
Why? Because of the great service we provide. We were the "overwhelming winner" of the first Excellence Award for Customer Acquisition and Retention. Our customers satisfaction means opportunity for you!
Want to work with someone who cares? We provide staffing to sponsored non-profits. Support scholarships and sponsorships. Give direct assistance to improve employability.
We care about you too! And we have the expertise to help. Do you want help with this opportunity?
Experience Required for Your Success
- 5 years of current frontline mortgage underwriting
- DE/direct endorsement certification
- Familiarity with home loans and residential mortgages and an understanding of TILA, RESPA and Predatory Lending
- Prior experience must include reviewing, analyzing and calculating income, reviewing credit reports and collateral documents
- Strong analytical and decision making/problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of mortgage loan processing and relevant legal regulations
- Driven to deliver effective results and meet metrics while maintaining quality
- Self-starter, able to adapt to a remote work environment and have the ability to communicate and work well with investors and co-workers
What Do You Think?
Does your experience reflect what it takes to be successful in this role? Do the work and challenges get you excited about what's possible?