Facility: UCHealth Memorial Central North (Colorado Springs, CO)
Department: Intensive Care Unit
- Associates degree in nursing is requiredThe UCHealth Critical Care Fellowship (CCF) is based on the evidence utilizing AACN ECCO® resources and the innovation of the Virtual Health Center (VHC). The CCF is a four-phased orientation that utilizes the strategies of block learning with a multi-system approach, an electronic daily orientation tracker for more efficient preceptor communication and creative knowledge verification methods for orientation progression. The first three phases of the CCF occur during precepted orientation, while phase 4 occurs post-orientation with the additional clinical support strategy of the VHC. The 14-week program is aligned to successfully support External and Internal RN Pathway RNs with no previous critical care experience to become competent critical care nurses. $10,000 sign-on bonus for those who qualifyAt UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.Summary:
- Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. Job Duties:
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring/life support equipment shows adverse symptomology.
- Responds to life threatening situations utilizing nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Provides critical care nursing to a complex high acuity patient population in a technically complex environment.
- Handles critical and highly stressful situations, reacting decisively with efficiency and composure.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years of experience
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- 6 months of nursing experience
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
The pay range for this position is: $33.08 - $51.27 / hour.
An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.