Staffing Options Program (United States of America)
If you are looking for an RN position in the VIR, this could be your opportunity! We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Vascular Interventional Radiology Unit (VIR).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Peri-procedural nursing care of outpatients and inpatients needing Interventional Radiology procedures.
Administration of conscious sedation, hemodynamic monitoring, management of vented and critical care patients.
Phase 1 anesthesia recovery of pediatric and adult patients.
Use of and accessing central venous devices.
Critical care experience with ACLS and/or PALS Pediatric experience preferred.
Associates Degree required.
1-3 years of RN experience required.
Must hold current NYS Registered Nurse license.
- Implements physician orders, administers medications, starts IVs, performs treatments, procedures and special tests, and document treatment as required by company policy and local/state/federal rules and regulations.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' conditions.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
- Applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered.
- Collaborates with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
- Directs and guides ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Med!
Please be aware for the safety and security of our colleagues and patients all new employees are required to successfully complete all applicable federal, State and institutionally mandated pre-employment screening requirements including:
- Relevant Background Check(s)
- Drug Screen
- PPD / Tuberculosis Test
- Reference Check
- Applicable vaccinations
Albany Med is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Med, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a need to know and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.