SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse - RN - Intake Triage Specialist
Shift: 3P-11P FT with rotating Weekends
Medical City Green Oaks Hospital
Green Oaks Hospital:
Green Oaks Psychiatric hospital celebrates more than 25 years of service, has over 106 beds, and 35 physicians on staff. As part of HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, you will have access to resources that can enhance your career development and progression. Green Oaks Hospital is a place where one person can make a difference.
Coordinates all calls coming into the hospital concerning clinical or admissions information. Performs assessments on potential clients and refers to appropriate areas. Coordinates all assessments ordered by ER physicians concerning psychiatric or substance abuse problems. Provides age-specific care appropriately.
- Handles inquiry calls and routes calls appropriately
- Triage patients to determine level of care
- Collects insurance and referral information
- Coordinates, implements and completes admissions process
- Serves as a liaison between physicians, patients/families and the hospital
- Accurately maintains files, logs and reports as requested or required
- Initiates precertification and initial clinical calls when appropriate
- May provide crisis assessments in med/surgical hospitals
- May coordinate, implement and complete transfers or referrals
- May provide crisis intervention for all age groups.
- May manage utilization of services through concurrent reviews with payers and/or interval reviews
- May coordinate discharge planning and facilitate family discharge meetings
- May develop a treatment plan and update with specific goals delineating clinical intervention
- May facilitate process and psycho educational groups
- May meet with new patients and complete the psychosocial assessment
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as requested or required
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct
- Conduct reflects the Company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more .
Requires a Texas RN license or Compact license is accepted
Two years clinical psychiatric experience is required
BLS/CPR and SAMA certifications is required or must be obtained during the orientation period
Must be a Registered Nurse licensed to practice in the State of Texas
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.